Saturday, July 4, 2009

X-Men Origins Wolverine




After a long working week, I was prepared to watch quite a few movies this weekend. Though downloaded months ago, i couldnt get time to watch this movie despite good reviews.
Finally saw it today and liked it too.
For the most part I thought it was exciting, action packed, and a great comic book movie for the most part. I was not the biggest fan of the X Men films, but I loved this film.

Basically the film is about Wolverine(go figure). It shows how he gave up a life of violence to try to live a normal life, only to have to go back to what he wanted to get away from.

A lot of credit should be given to Hugh Jackman. He really does an outstanding job as Wolverine in this film. You do not see many performances better than his in a comic book style film.

The story is pretty good in this film. There are some flaws though. I think they may have jumped to Wolverine as an adult too quickly, they really did not even scratch the surface of what his childhood was about. But I think that helps the film to get going fast, basically most of the back story is shown in the opening credits. It jumps to the main story right away. I do not think that choosing to not show much of his childhood is necessarily a bad thing, like I said, it helps the film to get going.

The action is legendary in this film. Wolverine gets in a lot of action as do many of the other characters. It is a spectacle to behold and some of the better action scenes in a film in a while. Better than anything that was in the other X Men films.

I also liked the villains. Sabertooth was great, great background and motives as well as just being a scary guy. I was looking forward to seeing Deadpool and I thought he was portrayed in a unique and interesting way. Also agent Striker was great as the backstabbing U.S. Agent type.

Gambit I was looking forward to as well. He was OK, but it seemed that he was there to serve only one purpose and did not do enough. Also I do not understand why Cyclops was in the film.

Only these minor belmishes else, the movie is worth your money.





Rating :

* * *


No comments:

Post a Comment