Monday, July 30, 2012

Cocktail


*ing : Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, Diana Penty
Director : Homi Adjania

Tagline : sometimes good friend may be too good to share

I have more or less quite liked imtiaz ali films. Socha na tha, jab we met, love aaj kal (dint like rockstar much ) .. cocktail is written by ali so I kinda was expecting more from the film. Also, homi adjania who is director has made “being cyrus” which was kinda dark film. When I saw the trailer, I liked it but not much. Dunno but something dint click. When I saw the film, I liked but not much. Dunno but something dint click much. It’s a love triangle between saif , deepika and Diana (boy she looks sooo good). well cocktail is different in many ways and also regressive in someway. the women are shown open-minded but in thoughts they still seem traditional and same with boys. they may sleep with spunky deepika but need homely Diana to take her home. Film is much more deeper than this particular that buts its just not blended well. Saif seemed old and his coolness was forced. Also we hv seen doing same stuff better in other films. Deepika really carried some scenes well but its Diana who stole my heart.

Rating :
* * *


No comments:

Post a Comment