Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Kick-Ass 2


*ing : Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloƫ Grace Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jim Carrey
Director : Jeff Wadlow

Tagline : You Can't Fight Your Destiny.

I liked the original "Kick-Ass" which was both a fresh idea and had a good portion of innocent fun and good humor. Sadly I have to say that the franchise can be announced dead and buried.

The writer of "Kick-Ass 2" has completely misunderstood the idea behind the original film, and has written a sequel which has lots of troubles. It's lame, boring, violent, childish, bloody, gory, foul-mouthed, stupid and too long.


I'll still honor the idea behind the first, but already in the trailer we could see that this second outing had completely missed the mark, also when it comes to the humor. Watch the two trailers, and you'll easily see what I mean. I was expecting this to be nothing like the first, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.

I actually really understand why Jim Carrey has refused to promote this film, after he saw the result. I originally thought that sounded stupid, but oh boy was he right! This is how NOT to make a sequel!


Rating :
*&1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment